Wordwrapping & formattedWidth/Height

Terry Vogelaar terry at discovery.nl
Tue Feb 19 11:24:01 EST 2002

This one is silly, but I still need to figure it out.

A field has wordwrapping on (dontWrap is off). The width is set to a certain
width. Then it is simple to get the formattedHeight.

But now the other way around. I need to know what the width of a field must
be to have a field with a certain height. Should I loop through every
possible width, see what the formattedHeight is and stop the loop when the
requested formattedHeight is found? Or is there a smarter way?

FormattedWidth doesn't help much here, because it depends on the real width
of the field.

Terry