Detecting Network Running

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 10:53:00 EST 2002

I'm trying to figure out a method of checking whether the currently
running standalone app developed in Rev is running from a local or
network drive.  I want to be able to licence my software separately
for local vs network use.

With Windows I can check whether the drive starts with a letter
followed by ":" but this doesn't help if the user has "mapped" it to
a drive letter first. With the Mac, I can't see how I check this at
all.  In both cases it would be legitimate for the user to have more
than one drive/partition locally and be running off a drive/partition
which is not the system or default drive/partition.

Anyone got any suggestions for both Mac and Windows?

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk