Objects in a group

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Feb 13 19:39:01 EST 2002

At 1:36 PM -0800 2/13/2002, Zac Elston wrote:
>My application is a test that either reads answers from a file to show what
>was selected or reads input from the user to write the file.
>
> read value Y from array[X] and change target Y in group X
> read target Y in group X and put the value of Y into array[X].
>
>I can only think of accomplishing this by knowing where the object is in the
>group, hence the question..."how do I determine objects in a group?"

How about using a construct like this:

  set the backgroundColor of graphic Y of group X to "blue"

I am not sure from your message whether you know that you can specify
objects by their owners like this, but you can. So the statement above will
single out graphic Y in group X, even if other groups also contain a
graphic named or numbered "Y".

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!