graphic radio buttons

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Mon Feb 11 19:39:01 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net> wrote:

> >I did, Rob, in my post of 11th. Without the detail, it showed HC about
> >5% faster with screen unlocked and 6x (!) faster with screen locked
>
> Sorry I didn't look close enough to notice, David.
>
> I must admit I am surprised, as I've followed Scott Rainey's work to
> accelerate the MetaCard engine since early discussions on the HyperCard
> List.

HyperCard *is* faster at field get/set and reformatting.  It's just the
price you pay for breaking the 32K and color barriers.  Fortunately in
most cases MetaCard's on average 5x better performance on everything
else more than makes up for the on average 2x worse performance on
field access.
  Regards,
    Scott