Revolution much slower then Hypercard

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Sun Feb 10 20:53:01 EST 2002

Pierre

I haven't noticed any significant speed difference in my own use.

Not knowing how many cards you have or how much data in each field, I
created 263 cards (via a script which created a card for each line of
some text I grabbed, happening to be 263 lines) putting random chunks
from each line into three fields. Then I executed your scripts with lock
screen off and on. HyperCard was in Classic 9.2 and Rev in OSX. You
would expect Rev to suffer in this comparison because OSX will interrupt
it more than HC will suffer in 9.2, I expect (I had several OSX apps
open at the time, including a mail collect). Results were:
screen unlocked - HC 8.1 secs, Rev 8.5 secs
lock screen - HC 0.15 secs (!), Rev 0.9 secs
So Rev was dumped on by HC in the lock screen state but there is nothing
even remotely resembling your differences. There is something there you
have not told us but the good news is it should be resolvable.

cheers
David