Dictionary crash.

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Feb 10 17:02:00 EST 2002

on 2/10/02 9:04 AM, Geoff Canyon at gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com wrote:

> At 6:52 PM -0600 2/9/02, curry at kagi.com wrote:
>> (Down the road when you have some free time, extra memory is cheap and some
>> stores install it for free! It makes the whole computer behave differently,
>> and none more differently than Rev. -- :-) )
>
> A memory upgrade makes a lot of sense. For those who either can't or won't
> upgrade, MetaCard is an alternative. It's based on the same engine as
> Revolution, but the development environment is less memory-hungry. (the
> solutions you create will need the same memory regardless of the environment
> you use.)
----------
This is a good point to make. I think RR is all about the GUI, the
libraries, and the docs and tutoriarials, which take up more memory.

However, my machines are a bit old, slow, have memory limitations. In a way,
this is good since a number of my solutions must be used on old equipment
which can be affordably provided to user's who need them, but cannot afford
new equipment. This helps ensure an app will run OK for them.

Don't get me wrong, though. I still slobber all over myself looking at the
specs on the new Macs, let alone the industrial design. But I can muddle
through for now.

Best regards,
Ken N.