How to find the "blessed folder"

Ian Summerfield iansummerfield at btconnect.com
Sat Feb 9 09:58:01 EST 2002

Use Mac OS 9 (or even Mac OS X).  I want to create a preferences file for my
application.   I don't really want to put it in the default folder as that
isn't very Mac like.   How can I find the path to the proper blessed System
Folder?  I have multiple hard drives, so the answers isn't to take the root
of the default folder and append "System Folder:Preferences"!  That wouldn't
work in every European language anyway.   I'm sure there was an applescript
command for it, but I can't find it in the reference guide.