Bug in Creating Distribution

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat Feb 9 03:50:22 EST 2002

Before anyone gets upset on this thread, I feel I should point out that
it's two threads in one. Dan Shafer posted the original report, including
an error message that indicates he's using 1.1. Kevin replied to him, then
Ian, who is using 1.1.1b1, jumped in with his own separate report.

At least part of the confusion seems to stem from the fact that there are
two problems of two developers being discussed here.

Ian, the error is a user break concerning CarbonLib, and you've got a CODE
resource in that stack which apparently is getting executed when you open
the stack on a pre-OS-X system, causing the error. Removing the resource
allows the stack to be opened on 9.x, although the stack itself posts an
error asking for an application (I haven't looked closely enough at the
stack to figure out whether this is expected behavior or not). Since you
didn't mention this resource in either of your problem reports, I'm
assuming you didn't put it there, so you might try removing that resource
on your Classic build and see whether that solves the problem.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!