Transcript questions

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Feb 8 15:27:01 EST 2002

Devin,

The "getProp" control stucture is tremendously useful; it allows you to trap
whenever a custom property has been set, and take action based on that.
Suppse you wanted to take action based on the value of essentialData? For
example, you wanted to run a handler called "DoIt" whenever essentialData
was set with a value of "Hello". This is where 'getProp' is very useful:

getProp essentialData pPropValue
  if pPropValue = "Hello" then
    DoIt
  end if
  pass essentialData   -- so the value of essentialData can be updated
end essentialData

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com