Looks like HyperCard

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Thu Feb 7 13:36:00 EST 2002

On Thu, 07 Feb 2002 Troy Rollins <troy at rpsystems.net> wrote:

> Jeanne A. E. DeVoto  wrote:
>
> > Well, that's not exactly true. ;-)
> >
> > It's a useful mode for testing before you build your actual
> > standalone...but it's pretty much the same thing you get with "Suspend
> > Revolution UI" in the Development menu.
>
> Well, OK. For me alone, applications which are meant to have a UI, but
> don't, have little value. I must be missing some secret "developer only"
> value to this "feature".  ;)

What you seem to be missing is that stacks *are* applications.  Not
having them run as applications when you double click on them would be
roughly equivalent to double clicking on most executables on your
system starting up Codewarrior if you happened to have that installed
(i.e., just because it was produced with that tool doesn't make it a
"document" of that tool).  And of course anyone that uses MetaCard to
build custom utilties for themselves or their companies will be very
disappointed to have the whole development environment start up each
time they ran one of these tools.

Nevertheless, a way open the development environment together with the
stack (probably by holding down the control key when double-clicking
or something) is planned for a future release.
  Regards,
    Scott