Irregular Shaped Windows and Transparency

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Wed Feb 6 10:07:01 EST 2002

Matt Denton  wrote:

> I searched the archives and found a small discussion on this topic,
> thanks Geoff and Scott.  I followed through Google and other sources but
> didn't really turn up any solid info.  Seems as if QTime 5 can handle
> this (thanks Geoff for http://www.movtv.com/ reference).   After 4-5
> hours of searching I'm hoping someone can point me in the right
> direction.

QuickTime can support this on both platforms using a one bit mask. It does
not currently support areas of "semi-transparency". Things like Audion do
not use QT for this function, they have their own coded support for it. As
far as I know, Rev does not support this function even if using QT.
Currently most developers who need these kind of thing use LiveStage Pro,
Director, or iShell, which all do support this QuickTime implementation.
--
Troy
RPSystems