Getting a card's position in a group

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Feb 5 16:51:00 EST 2002

At 12:41 PM -0800 2/5/02, Scott Rossi wrote:
>On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 11:59  AM, Devin Asay wrote:
>
>>Is there a simple way to return a card's position in the group?
>
>Maybe I missed something in your question but I don't think cards
>can be grouped in the first place.  Groups of objects are applied to
>cards and cards can share groups.  But as I said, maybe I'm missing
>something...

Sorry, I should have stated it more clearly.  When a number of cards
all have the same group placed upon them, especially if the group's
backgroundBehavior property is set to true, they can be said to be
members of the same group or the same background.  (Former
HyperCarders find it useful to think in terms of cards on
backgrounds, which in Rev means cards sharing a common group.)

Once you have this configuration it is possible to refer to cards in
an order that is specific to all cards that share that group; hence I
can

   go to card n of group "myGroup"

This implies that there is an internal index that keeps track of the
order in which those cards were added to the group.  What I'm trying
to find out is if there's a way to access that index, in the same way
that I can access the stack's index when I use

   get the number of this card

Any ideas?

Devin
--