Employee Database Tutorial "broken" on OS X?

Dan Shafer dan at gui.com
Tue Feb 5 03:20:01 EST 2002

Just finishing up going through the Rev tutorials preparatory to
starting to really dive into this beast and I encounter a problem.

When I bring up the "Independent Study" tutorial stack which is the
Employee Database example, a couple of weirdnesses develop.

First, there is a mongo button covering up the majority of the data
entry fields. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is or why
it's there but it sure makes the stack ugly and almost unusable.

Second, there's no place for pictures.

Third, the tutorial says we can use the images in the sub-folder in
the tutorials folder using the "picture feature" but I'm darned if I
can find that feature anywhere on the menu bars in the app.

Finally, if I have a few new employees defined and then I import from
a text file, it clobbers all but the first employee I've added
without so much as a by-your-leave or a confirmation dialog.

So is this stuff OS X-peculiar or have others seen this stuff?
--
Dan Shafer, Personal Creativity Trainer and Consultant
Trained Hartman Value Profile Analyst