Animation Manager in version 1.1.1B1

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Sun Feb 3 19:35:56 EST 2002

On 1/2/02 8:55 pm, ScotMc3 at aol.com <ScotMc3 at aol.com> wrote:

> I have been going through Hello World tutorials this week on a Windows 98 SE
> system.
>
> While performing the Animation Manager tutorial, I encountered several
> problems.
>
> 1) After creating an animation, pressing the reset button (created earlier in
> the tutorial) that triggered the card's PreOpenCard handler to relocate the
> field to an arbitary off card location would disable the animation.
>
> 2) I noticed that physically relocating the field "My New Field" with the
> Animation Manager closed would result in changes to the parameters of the
> created animation, as if the animation was still open in the Animation
> Manager.
>
> 3) I also encountered some difficulties that led to my having multiple
> animation on the card and the Animation Manager did not seem too happy with
> that. Sometimes I could not activate key frames, for example. Deleting all of
> the animations that I could find and starting over seemed to help.

You need to make one more change the handler the reset button calls: instead
of moving the field off screen (which will cause that position to be saved)
you need to run revGoToFramePaused myAnim,1 to move the animation back to
the start without saving a change to the frame.  This will be included in
the next revision of the tutorials.

> While it is not necessary for my purposes, I would be happy to forward the
> stack to RunRev for review if you think that is necessary, but I am not
> certain where I should send it.

Something like this would be sent to support at runrev.com.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.