Does Applescript work?

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Sun Feb 3 11:52:01 EST 2002

>I'm still struggling with Revolutions ability to use (or not) Applescript.
>The following script doesn't work at all for me.  It works fine from the
>script editor but not from Revolution.  You'll see I set x to three
>different values, comment out the later one or two to try different tests.
>
>The tests are these:
>
>tell application "Finder" to set the clipboard to name of every process as
>text
>
>tell application "Finder" to set the clipboard to "test"
>
>set the clipboard to "test"
>

>My clipboard remains unchanged throughout.   Is this true for everyone?
>Also my Finder doesn't seem to collect the name of every process running.
>

>on mouseUp
>   put "tell application "&quote&"Finder"&quote&" to set the clipboard to
>name of every process as text" into x
>   put "tell application "&quote&"Finder"&quote&" to set the clipboard to
>"&quote&"test"&quote into x
>   put "set the clipboard to "&quote&"test"&quote into x
>   put x
>   put empty into card field "Procs"
>   do x as AppleScript
>   select text of card field "Procs"
>   paste
>end mouseUp
>
>_

I ask you something, perhaps it is a little "stupid" but who knowsŠ

you write each time : into x
shouldn't be better "after" x
from the second line
"into x" is for the first time then you must write "after" x

I have not much experience, I'm not sure of what you mean, but I'd write it so

Hope this help to resolve your problem

Cheers
--
Greetings.