Help needed with popup menu...

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Fri Feb 1 11:47:00 EST 2002

on 02.01.02 01:08 AM, Sylvain Bouju wrote:

> I am planing to program a popup menu (hierarchical if
> possible) which interacts with a locked field, or the
> clicked line of this field, or even an item of this
> clicked line.
>
> I have understood that I need at least an intermediary
> button with this menu property in order to simulate
> a popup field.
>
> How can I:
>
> - choose a font size for this popup menu?
> - choose a loc for the poping (or pre-select an item)?
> - get some result of the user choosen item (sub item)
> of this menu?

I'm not sure what you mean by "interacts with a locked field", but another
approach to popups is to use a stack as a popup.

Make a substack and put a locked field on it with the desired
characteristics (list behavior, etc). In the preopenstack handler of that
new stack, fill the field with text, if necessary, and set the dimensions
and locations of the stack and the field, Use the global property
"dialogdata" to store this info before calling <popup "mypopupstack">. Put
scripts in the popup stack for obtaining the user choice and stick this info
into the dialogdata, which you read after the call to <popup
"mypopupstack">.

This approach may not suit you perfectly, especially as the hilite behavior
is not exactly like that of a menu. On the other hand, it might be exactly
what you need.

tereza

. . .. ... ..... ACT AGAINST ENTROPY! ..... ... .. . .