developing on shared stacks

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Dec 31 13:57:01 EST 2002

I've been having trouble with version branching emerging from my
habits.  I work on the same stack on OS X and on XP.  Sometimes on
other systems.  Unfortunately they diverge.

To address this, I'm planning on putting them in one place and
accessing the same stack.  That means I might work on a stack from OS X
one day and then work on it from XP the next day.

I assume the stack is written only upon save.

Any potential problems?

I can share from my XP, and with a little work, from OS X.  (OS X 10.2
can share user folders with Windows easily; shareware is needed to
create other shares.)

Is there an advantage to sharing from one or the other?  (such as
mailing stacks to others from OS X and getting the type sent, too)

Dar Scott