Groups and backgrounds (and psychopathology!)

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Mon Dec 30 13:45:01 EST 2002

In a message dated 29/12/02 10:21:53 PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

<< Schizophrenia is a disease, DID is not. Just thought

I'd clear that up.

Jan Schenkel.

I'm sorry to go off thread, but I wouldn't like the above to be assumed to be
universally accepted.  Prof Bentall in his excellent book "Reconstructing
Schizophrenia"  describes it as a disorder with no specific cause, no
specific symptoms, no specific treatment, and no specific outcome.  If you
stretch the concept of 'disease' to encompass schizophrenia, it would
arguably contain most psychopathology, including DID.

To camoflage the offthreadedness of the above......... I had a nice moment
today when I accidently ungrouped and generally messed up objects I had
carefully grouped (and put a fairly sizeable script in the group).  I only
noticed far too late to undo.  I morosely selected them all and grouped them.
 I noticed that the group automatically assumed the name of the previous
group.  This raised a smile.  Then I found that the resurrected group
contained the original script.   This caused a cackle of delight.

How does that happen?  Does a group survive its objects being ungrouped if it
is only placed on one card??

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">