groups and background

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Dec 28 16:45:01 EST 2002

On Saturday, December 28, 2002, at 02:07 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Sure enough a group was placed.  But I could not open the properties
> for it or anything else.  A little later it disappeared.  This happened
> twice.  (OS X, Rev 1.1.1)
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with this method?

I found the problem.  I was placing a nested group.  Both the engine and
the IDE have trouble with this.

I did place a group and then set the backgroundBehavior to false as Key
suggested.  It was false on other cards.  I edited the script by adding
a comment.  The edited script showed up on other cards.  I moved some
controls.  They moved everywhere.  Cool.  It looks shared.

Now "the backgroundNames" (which I had earlier in error called "the
backgrounds"--sorry) returns a list of groups with backgroundBehavior
set to true.  It is not the list of shared groups as I speculated.  And
it is not the list of groups in a stack, nor is it the list of groups
directly on cards in the stack.

Now, how do I find out if a group is shared or not?

Dar Scott