setting pointer location

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Fri Dec 27 21:32:01 EST 2002

On Saturday, Dec 28, 2002, at 13:19 Australia/Sydney, David Vaughan
wrote:

snip
> One place I encountered it is certain confirmation dialogs in Windows.
> ...  if the idea of a confirmation dialog is to make sure the user
> really wants to take this more serious action, why turn the action
> into a minimal click-click without even a button selection (by mouse
> movement) in between?
afterthought: if the idea is just a modal dialog message which will be
dismissed, why use a button at all, rather than just click in the
content area (or on not another app) to dismiss? So, I think even that
situation would not justify (to me) the software nicking off with your
mouse.

cheers