setting pointer location

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Dec 27 17:23:54 EST 2002

>The former action obviously works well while the latter I personally
>abjure when writing and object to when using.

My question, David, would be, "Is you abjuration theoretical or based
on experience where the technique was actually manifested in
operational software?"  Since you included "and object to using", you
must have found some real world software that does this.  Are these
Mac or Windows apps?  And what genre?

I don't recall ever seeing a real-world manifestation of the
technique.  I never explored it, because I couldn't find a way to do
it in HyperTalk; but it occurred to me that OenoLog's button-driven
interface might benefit operationally if the mouse cursor could be
positioned over the next default button via script.

I doubt I'll change the OenoLog UI to play with the technique even
though I could in Run Rev.  If you've seen it in operation and found
the technique lacking or distracting, that's the first concrete point
against it in my score book...however I would want to know the
context in which you found it a poor approach before ruling it out
altogether, once & for all.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company