Cmd -Z in a standalone

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Fri Dec 27 02:31:01 EST 2002

On Friday, Dec 27, 2002, at 18:11 Australia/Sydney, Ron wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> More menu madness. I assigned cmd-Z as the keyboard equivalent to
> 'close all
> windows'. Built a standalone. Tried cmd-Z and nothing happened. But I
> selected text, deleted it and pressed cmd-Z. The deleted text
> reappears.
> Alternately appearing/disappearing with each press of cmd-Z, just like
> an
> undo/redo feature.
>
> Is this a feature? bug?

Ron, call it what you will. Just please don't go redefining a command
key (for Undo) which has existed in all Mac OS since the mid-eighties.
Have a look under any app's Edit menu. What are you trying to do to
your users? Cmd-W is "standard fare" for close window, with an Option
key modifier for closing all windows.

regards
David