Way to detect PPPoE connection in Rev?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Tue Dec 24 11:42:01 EST 2002

Can anyone tell me how "low-level" I can get with Revolution when it comes to
configuring network packets?   I've gotten Revolution to successfully modify
HTTP headers, so I can do secure Digest Authentification.  That in itself has
made my a loyal Rev user.   To "push the envelope", I'm wondering if I can
use Revolution to write an app that will detect whether a PPPoE connection is
available.   Mac OS X does this automatically, however in Mac OS 9, ISP's
typically use middleware apps like "MacPoet" to connect via PPPoE.   To do
PPPoE detection, however, I'd need to be able to get down to the
_packet-level_ of Ethernet calls, and set the "O" frames and "A" frames.
That may be asking too much - - - - is this something that can be done with
Rev, or have Rev call a 3rd party plugin to do?