stdin/stdout in Windows "command prompt" window

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Dec 21 17:44:01 EST 2002

I'm not sure whether this is a Revolution question or a Windows question.

I have some Revolution standalones that read from stdin and/or write to
stdout.  For testing, I run them from a command prompt window.  If I
pipe or redirect stdin or stdout, these work correctly.  However, if I
do not, they do not work as I expected.  I expect them to read and write
the console as console apps do.  For some reason they do not.

Is this because they are GUI apps?  (This is my first GUI app that does
stdin/stdout I/O and, to put it another way, my first console app that
has a GUI.)  Or is this some Revolution limitation?

Workarounds?  I tried redirecting to the console, but that didn't work.

Dar Scott