Images within lists

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Dec 18 22:58:01 EST 2002

>So, I might use this as I would change, say, forgroundColor of a char,
>except this applies to only one char?

Yes, you set it like any other property and yes, it only applies to one
character.

If you had a field that had these characters in it:

ABCDEFGH

and said

set the ImageSource of char 3 of fld 1 to "arrow"

then the character C in this field would be replaced by an image named
"arrow". Depending on how big the image was, text around the image would
be shifted to make room for the image.

The character "C" is still there, but hidden by the image. To get the
character back you'd say:

set the imageSource of char 3 of fld 1 to empty

Regards,

Howard Bornstein