audio problem -- distorted playback of wav file

Ivers, Doug E Doug_Ivers at lord.com
Wed Dec 18 09:16:01 EST 2002

I created a pure tone at 440 Hz in Sound Studio 2.0.7 and saved it as a wav file.  In Sound Studio it plays as pure tone, a very distinctive sound.  According to Sound Studio, the amplitude of the signal is -6 dB.  I imported this file into Rev 1.1.1 and it plays back very distorted regardless of the playLoudness property.  Is this a bug?  I would like to save as an au file, but Sound Studio doesn't offer that option.

Also, Rev doesn't seem to recognize (Open dialog) some wav files that I pulled from a sound effects CD.  These are WAV sound files rather than WAV audio files, whatever that means.

-- D
doug_ivers at lord.com