Display progress

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sat Dec 14 13:19:01 EST 2002

I have an app that has some processing to do when it reaches a certain
card. I have the handler in the openCard script. This can take anywhere
from four to eight seconds depending on the speed of the computer. I'd
like to display a small progess indicator - even something as simple as
a window that tells the user to be patient for a few more seconds. I
don't even need to provide a thermometer or a counter.

I thought about displaying a modal window but the docs say that doing
so will bring all processing to a halt so that's obviously not the
answer. I don't want the user to be able to click in the "main" window
until the app is ready, however. This is probably four lines of code,
right? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry