report printing advice

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Dec 11 17:52:00 EST 2002

Looks like I'm going to have to tackle this in 1.1.1 and not wait for
the new printing features in 2.0. I've got a scrolling group with about
20 fields in it. This is a report with several sections, and both right
aligned columns and left aligned columns. That's why it's not one
single field.

I must print the group with headers and footers on each page. It's
probably going to be several pages.

It seems like the best way to go would be to lock the screen and copy
each field onto a blank card, and then use "print card [from topleft to
rightbottom] [into pageRect]" and "print break" commands to lay out the
pages one chunk at a time. Print the headers and footers in a similar
manner.

This is going to be a problem because I have fields that are side by
side columns, that are going to cross page boundaries.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com