inserting accented characters

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue Dec 10 03:08:00 EST 2002

>Signe, I thought this was a plausible explanation, so I built a distribution
>for Win32 and tried it, but still a Rev app does not trap these key
>combinations
>and translate them into 'international' characters.
>
>I think this is starting to look like a bug.
>

>>  >- when I press the 'AltGr' key it opens the Script Editor!  When I try the
>>  >'circumflex' key followed by 'a', I just get 'a'.  Ditto with
>>  >'shift'+^   - only
>>  >'a' appears.
>>
>>  Without having tested this, I guess this happens in the development
>>  mode. If your stack is to be used as a standalone, I think it will
>  > work.

Bernard, I just downloaded Revolution on my Windows 2000, made a
standalone and tested the accented letters. Here on my (Norwegian)
keyboard  everything works fine. In development mode there's a
problem with accent aigu (é), since AltGr + accent key opens the
Properties window.

Kevin, what can be done with this? Both French and Spanish make
extensive use of this accent!

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen        	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/hjem/default.html
Norway