flushEvents()

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Mon Dec 9 20:51:01 EST 2002

Ted,

I ran Rev in the "Classic" environment (while booted in OSX) and found
the same results. However, as this was not truly booted into OS9, the
same issue may be rearing its head. I changed the handler to begin with
the line "set the lockMessages to true" which seems to prevent any
mouseClicks that occur during the handler (which may take up to 8
seconds to complete due to various sounds starting and pictures
appearing and disappearing with visual effects) from being recognized
by any of the objects that contain mouseUp handlers.

If using the "lockMessages" property doesn't cause any other unforseen
issues, I'll stick with that as it seems to have a more simple
(HyperCard-like) syntax.

Thanks,
Barry