VS: Mac RunRev can't open Win .rev file...

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Dec 9 17:19:01 EST 2002

>My PC-using students have been wondering this also... so you say the steps
>are:

Hi Judy,

There seem to be two or three solutions recommended by different folks.

I believe Richard or Sarah has published an AppleScript script to set
the file type & creator (which is all that was needed here the couple
of times I've encountered a stack from Windows).

You might try double-clicking on the stack and telling Mac OS to use
Rev to open it, or starting Rev and opening the stack from the
message box.  And once it's opened, it must be saved to be flagged as
a Revolution document.

Or you can use Serendipity Library's SDB Utilities to compress the
stack on Windows and decompress it on a Mac, in which case the
creator & file type are included automatically for .txt, .rev, and
.mc (MetaCard) documents.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company