Passing selectedField Location between Stacks

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Dec 7 23:11:01 EST 2002

Bernard,

Actually anything that removes the focus from the field will prevent
selectedField or selectedChunk from working. For example if you have on a
single card a field and a button and put text in the field and ask (in the
button script) for the selectedField, you'll get nothing. The reason for
*this* occurrence is because the normal button has its 'traversalOn'
property set to true, which gives the button the focus before it executes
its script. If you turn the 'traversalOn' of the button off, the button can
retrieve the selectedField just fine.

In the case of another stack, if the other stack is a toplevel stack (not a
palette), the focus will shift to the stack. If you have a palette, and the
buttons have their 'traversalOn' set to false, you should be OK.

Hope this helps,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com