Revolution in Classis, Virtual PC?

revlists revlists at canelasoftware.com
Wed Dec 4 00:02:02 EST 2002

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 04:11 PM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> on 12/3/02 8:59 AM, Richard Gaskin at ambassador at fourthworld.com wrote:
>
>> Mark Swindell wrote:
>>
>>> I've read where after the first of the year new Macs won't be able
>>> to boot
>>> into OS 9.  I'm curious how it behaves under Classic, and, for that
>>> matter,
>>> Virtual PC.  Is anyone building for all three systems on a single
>>> Mac?
>>
>> I _build_ for all three systems on my Mac, but I have several tweaking
>> sessions natively in each OS I'm deplying to.
>>
>> I'm glad I'm not Apple come January:  The tomatoes will be flying and
>> don't look good in red.
>

> Richard,
>
> What about tweaking using Virtual PC, only for display purposes and
> navigation?  Have you, or anyone, used VPC for this and found problems,
> inconsistencies?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Mark,

I use them both together extensively.  I found that they work well
together if you have a decent computer.  Emulation will be a bit
slower, but it does have its advantages.  You can work on the Mac and
then drag the project over to the PC on the same comp and test it out.
Because you can do 99% of the work on the Mac, you only need to use the
emulation for the most part to fix the small differences like fonts...

Best regards,
Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com