Director MX and Revolution

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Dec 3 11:48:31 EST 2002

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 08:04 AM, Simtech Publications wrote:

> Knowing what Director MX looks like I'm  more inclined than ever
> to update all of my special educations programs in Rev instead of
> Director
> so they run under Mac OS X. While Director MX itself looks lovely with
> its
> new aqua interface it produces movies with almost none of the OS X GUI
> elements, not even jellybean buttons, radio buttons or checkboxes. At
> least
> not in the last beta that was available to us before they shut the tests
> down. Completely unbelieveable! I hope for the sake of Director users
> that
> the release version will correct this but I highly doubt it. For my
> part,
> I'm switching to Rev.

Glad to have you here, Bill. But, at my place anyway, we use both
Director and Rev. We use Rev when it has to look and work "like an
application." My point is - Director has *never* had the things you
mentioned, why would it now? That's not what it is about. Director is
aimed at those who want to design every last bit of the interface and
experience. We added Rev to our toolbox because Director is ill-suited
to developing "applications", however we still feel it is *extremely*
strong at its own field - multimedia, interactive, online...

I, for one, am looking forward to D-MX almost as much as Rev 2.0

This is gonna be fun...

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD