tab order

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Apr 28 21:57:01 EDT 2002

> I have created a lot of grps with fields. I would like to set a new tab
> order within the grp that supercedes the creation order of the
> fields.  I
> can't seem to figure out how to do this. A feature much like the one
> implemented in FileMaker Pro would be very useful here.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.

You can set the tab order by changing the layer of an object. Do this in
the Properties palette by typing in a new layer number or clicking the
back & forth arrows, or in various other places. The snag is that if
your objects are in groups, there is a global setting that forbids
relayering by default.

In the Message box, click on Global Properties (3rd button), type "rel"
into the filter box and you will see "relayerGroupedControls". This is
always set to true, but click on false and you will be able to do what
you like.

Sarah