SIOUX and Revolution.out

Bob Rasmussen brasmussen at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 27 14:40:01 EDT 2002

I have a program that accesses a database via ODBC on MacOS 9.1.  The program
works without problems under Revolution 1.1.1B1.  However, under new version of
Revolution that was recently released (1.1.1), I am having a problem.

Whenever the program calls revdb_disconnect, a window appears with the title
"Revolution.out" and containing the words "disconnecting connection ??" where ??
is the most recent connection number.

In addition, three new menu items appear.  These are duplicate Apple, File, and
Edit menus with "About SIOUX" at the top of the Apple menu.  I am familiar with
Metrowerk’s SIOUX library (SIOUX = Standard Input Output UniX, pronounced
“sue”), but am surprised to see it here, unbidden.

I have found no way to suppress the appearance of SIOUX, nor have I found any
way to get rid of it, once it appears.

Since I'm not hearing of other complaints on this matter, I suspect I have a
configuration problem.  Any suggestions?

RR

p.s.  As a side note, the documentation of revdb_connect still has an erroneous
description

    The example is missing an argument.

    The description is not correct for ODBC connections, which
    require a data source name rather than a host name.