setting htmltext makes field appear disabled

Bob Rasmussen brasmussen at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 27 14:11:01 EDT 2002

Martin,

Same here.  It didn't do this on previous versions (at least not on MacOS 9).

I've confirmed that the field isn't truly disabled, based on the settings of the field properties. It just looks as though it is.

My work around has been to do something like the following:

  set the htmlText of theField to myHTML
  set the enabled of theField to the enabled of theField

The second line is a no-op, leaving the field disabled if it truly is. If the field is enabled though, it restores the appearance to enabled.

Bob