arrays

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Fri Apr 26 10:36:00 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble with arrays.  I'm obviously doing something
wrong here.

I want to check whether or not a set of flds contain any data. So I have
created an array named answerCk and I have loaded the following fld names
into their respective keys.

  put "AFld" into answerCk[1]
  put "BFld" into answerCk[2]
  put "CFld" into answerCk[3]
  put "DFld" into answerCk[4]
  put "EFld" into answerCk[5]

Now I want to check each fld to see if it is empty [ this is th part that
doesn't work!]

  repeat with i = 1 to the number of keys in answerCk
    if fld answerCk[i] is empty then
      answer warning "Field" && answerCk[i] &&  "must contain an answer.
      Please type an answer and try again." with "OK"
      focus on fld answerCk[i]
      exit to top
    else
    end if