Database functionality and tab stops in fields

Barry Levine themacguy at mac.com
Fri Apr 26 00:32:01 EDT 2002

G'day, listas!

Two sets of questions:

#1 - I've been trying to understand the scope of the "database"
functionality available to me from within Revolution. If I grasp what
the techno-babble is telling me, it seems I need some kind of database
"engine" running in the background (Valentina?).

Is there some kind of "non-server-type" DB access available otherwise?
Perhaps some kind of XCMD that would permit Revolution to "do the work"
looking up the info in a local file? I'm thinking of something on the
order of FileMaker as opposed to FileMaker Server. If that's not a good
analogy, how about 4th Dimension as opposed to 4D Server?

#2 - (and this may be a feature request) - Sarah Reichelt was kind
enough to detail a method of creating reports using the tab stops
feature. It would be great if there was a way to specify -each- tab stop
(like "30,100,150,100,150" meaning "30 pixels -or characters- from the
left, then 100 more to the next tab stop, then 150 more to the next...,
etc.). Perhaps this is what is meant by the "Table Object" I've seen
mentioned on the runrev website?

I'll fill out the feature request at the website to add my $.02.

Thanks,
Barry