Text selection

Greg Wills gwills at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 25 02:30:01 EDT 2002

Thanks Jan and Ken for your input to enable this to work.

I now have a field that has words that have punctuation in them
grouped/linked. The clickedtext changes to red (and plays the
appropriate sound file in my stack) and reverts to black when the
mouse exits the field.

Such as;

on mouseEnter
   set the textstyle of char 11 to 20 of me to link --makes these
characters "one word".
   set the underlineLinks to false
end mouseEnter

on mouseUp
   set the foregroundColor of the clicktext to "red" -- changes the
mouse clicked word to red
   -- do things here
end mouseup

on mouseleave
   set the foregroundColor line 1 of field "one" to "black" -- returns
the text to black
end mouseleave

regards
Greg