Metacard vs. Revolution

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Mon Apr 22 08:50:36 EDT 2002

On 17/4/02 3:20 am, Barry Levine <themacguy at mac.com> wrote:

> I know that Revolution uses the "Metacard engine". Why, then, do we have
> -both- Metacard and Revolution? What I mean by that is: Why does
> Metacard permit Revolution to utilize its "engine" when people buying
> Rev licenses are probably giving most of the money to Revolution with a
> small "engine fee"(?) going back to Metacard?
>
> Maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture or I have some other perspective
> problem.
>
> I guess the other thing that sort of bothers me is this: If Metacard
> licenses its "engine" to Revolution, what happens if they decide -not-
> to license it at some time?

We do license technology from MetaCard corporation.  The license agreement
is complex and not publicly available.  But suffice to say that it is a long
term and mutually beneficial agreement which covers this type of question
and a whole lot more.  If you have any further questions, please feel free
to address them to me directly off list.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.