'hack' test results

Martin Baxter martin at atwork.bdx.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 13:31:01 EDT 2002

Depending on what you're doing exactly, you might find that the "md5digest"
will help you out.
It generates a 128bit key from a string - eg a password string. I've been
using this key as the starting seed to encrypt/decrypt password and userid
combinations using a script of my own.
It then doesn't matter if anyone sees the encrypted string or the
decryption script, because without the key, neither is of any use.

Unless your application is requesting a password at runtime, or at any rate
at some point before your encrypted data are used, it probably won't help
you, but I thought I'd mention it anyway - FWIW.

martin baxter