Arrays and Custom Properties

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Thu Apr 18 08:19:01 EDT 2002

Hello again,

Not sure if anyone responded to my [Q] earlier, I'm on Digest View and
nuffin yet in my in-box.

I'm trying to confirm what I've now guessed about Custom Properties: you
can use arrays with Properties but the Keys of your array essentially
become the Property Sets.

Seems setting the customPropertySets is the only way to set up an array
in a property, giving you a huge number of property sets if you have a
huge array. In other words you can't set a property to an array, as a
property is essentially one element in the array (named by the set).

Hope this is right and hope I didn't confuse anyone! Think it is like
this: Property Set = array keys;  Property = key's value.

Of course I might be completely wrong but then I'd love to know how to
set a Property to an array value (my original [Q]).  Anyway back to
yummy scripting!

Chow,

M@
Matt Denton