Compacting stacks and todays' newbie question

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Apr 17 10:45:01 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, April 17, 2002, at 09:17 AM, Michael Foy wrote:

> fields seperated by let's say pipe (|) and crlf at the end of each
> record
> 400 records, will split the record into the fields once I get thr
> record in,
> standard ascii
> standard serial variable length records.

Being lazy, I'd bring it all in at once with something like this:
put URL "file:data.txt" into fileData

And then process fileData

If you don't like how Revolution handles your end-of-line, then try
this:
put URL "binfile:data.txt" into fileData

...and take care of end-of-line yourself.

You can use lineOffset() and/or other related functions to split up
the data.

Dar Scott