Metacard vs. Revolution

Barry Levine themacguy at mac.com
Tue Apr 16 21:25:01 EDT 2002

I know that Revolution uses the "Metacard engine". Why, then, do we have
-both- Metacard and Revolution? What I mean by that is: Why does
Metacard permit Revolution to utilize its "engine" when people buying
Rev licenses are probably giving most of the money to Revolution with a
small "engine fee"(?) going back to Metacard?

Maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture or I have some other perspective
problem.

I guess the other thing that sort of bothers me is this: If Metacard
licenses its "engine" to Revolution, what happens if they decide -not-
to license it at some time?

Barry
Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"
Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at mac.com

MacOS X: It does. You can. It will.

WindowsXP: Insert wallet into Drive A: Press any key to empty