Message Path (was Re: FunctionKeys)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Apr 16 15:07:00 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 12:50 PM, Rob Cozens wrote:

>>  what is the message hierarchy in Rev?
> From bottom to top:
>
> 	* control
> 	* card or group -- I don't know & am too lazy to test
> 	* group or card -- ditto
> 	* stack
> 	* stacks in use -- if any, in LIFO order
> 	* the MetaCard engine

The Rev doc is a little unclear here, too.

A quick experiment showed this message hierarchy segment:

control -- inner group -- outer group -- card

This is just what I want.  However, I don't know whether the inner
before outer is because it is inner or because of something else,
like layer.

It gets a little more complicated with backgrounds.

Dar Scott