FunctionKeys

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Apr 16 13:55:37 EDT 2002

>  what is the message hierarchy in Rev?

Hi Dave,

 From bottom to top:

	* control
	* card or group -- I don't know & am too lazy to test
	* group or card -- ditto
	* stack
	* stacks in use -- if any, in LIFO order
	* the MetaCard engine

I'm getting most of the above from the M/C User Guide, which places
"Home stack" where I placed "stacks in use."  I don't believe "Home
stack" is relevant in Revolution.

FWIW, at runtime you can get a list of the objects that are
higher/lower in the message path than a specific object by targeting
the object with a handler calling the backScripts/frontScripts
function respectively.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company