Rev vs RB my opinion

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Tue Apr 16 13:18:01 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Here are my 2¢ on the Rev / RB issue.

I've had the opportunity to use both RB and Rev.  I was one of the thousands
of HC users abandoned when Apple decided not to upgrade HC. I really wanted
to use RB because of its great IDE and cross platform capabilities. I was
right on the verge of wading into its steep learning curve when along came
Rev. I thought,"Why spend a year or two getting up to speed w RB if you can
hit the bricks running with Rev?"  I mean, if I'm going to spend a year
learning the ins and outs of RB why not just pick up a few books on C++ and
purchase code warrior?

Rev gives me a great IDE, lots of widgets, and the possibility of making
pretty much anything I can imagine.  On top of all this, pretty much
everything I ever learned with HC applies. For an experienced HC or
SuperCard user there just isn't a down side.

If you have experience with Basic then Real Basic might be the tool for you.
If you are a HC user or you are new to programming Rev is definitely the
ticket.

Steve