FTP port ?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 15:29:01 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I seem to have run into a snag with RR and its
internet features.

I'm trying to build a remote text file editor, and
part of the interface will be a browser allowing
people to edit certain files on a remote server.

Therefor, I need to download a filelist of a directory
on a remote server via FTP.
Hence I used:

  put URL "ftp://<name>:<paswd>@<server-url>:3001/"
into fld "Browser"

As you can see, the ftp-server runs on a different
port than the standard port, and somehow RR deems that
quite unfunny, as the result is:

  error not a valid port

When I use a different ftp-client, I can acces files
and folders at that port on that server, so that's not
the issue.

Is this a limitation / bug and (perhaps more
important) is there a way to circumvent this ?

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and mor foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)