SuperCARD, HyperCARD

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Apr 10 02:31:01 EDT 2002

on 4/9/02 7:07 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

> I know that there are many people and companies still using it, and you're
> absolutely right that it is the father of all the xCard environments. But
> all it takes for it to be "legacy" is for Apple to pull the page on the web
> site and stop selling it.
----------
What if the companies who use it everyday tell Apple they won't buy new
Apple computers unless they upgrade HyperCard to work on them? We may not
see that kind of backlash for another year or two, because what they're
using now is just fine.
----------
> I don't mean to start anything... far from it.
----------
I know, I'm sorry, too. Didn't mean to jump up on my soap box, it's just
that I'm frustrated. I've spent so darned much time trying to figure out how
to group my full screen image, I'm burnt. I still can't understand why it's
missing 20 or thirty pixel rows off the top, won't stay where I put it, and
I can't get rid of the menubar. None of this makes any sense to me. Why on
earth should I have to do crazy extra scripting and manipulation to make it
be like it was when I put it there? It's just an 800x600 image for cryin'
out loud.

Best regards,
Ken N.